Monday, July 13, 2009

TV Troubles

Well, here we are in July and we have still not received my $150 Visa card I was promised with my upgrade to Fios TV. Not only have we not received the $150 yet, but they charged us for installation on the first couple of bills during May and June.

Today I finally decided to call and find out what was up with the deal I was promised. After about one hour on the phone I learned that I will not get the $150 card. The person who signed me up for this service lied to me when they told me I was eligible for the $150 reward card. I already had a Verizon Double Play and switching to a Triple Play would not allow me to get the $150 gift card.

I was also informed that only the activation fee was waived, not the installation fee. So I was going to be charged $54 for them to run 5 meters of coax cable to my tv. I fought this because they used my EXISTING coax cable. The operator tried to call the installer to verify this. When she couldn't get a hold of the installer, she credited for the $54 installation cost.

Finally, I asked her about activating the DVR features on my HD box. She said it would cost $15.99. I asked, "one time fee". She responded, "No, each month". What planet are people on that pay these prices? I already have the hardware on the box....they want me to pay $16 a month to use it.

I am looking forward to March 19, 2010. That is the day my contract expires and I return to full over the air tv.

No comments: